POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Dec 2008 16:57:34
Message: <850ej4pm8omga55d89d1rfal3f6ufq652g@4ax.com>
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:56:40 +0200, "Gail" <gail (at) sql in the wild (dot) co
[dot] za> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
>>
>> What about your katana?
>
>Intentionally slightly blunted. It can still cut straight through a 20 cm
>block of polystyrene in one strike.

I suppose you don't really want a sword to be razor sharp. It could get stuck if
used in anger.
A clean cut through polystyrene is impressive. I've cut up polystyrene blocks
with a knife and it takes a lot of force and the blade mostly sticks.
--

Regards
     Stephen